April 25, 2014 | Posted in:Social Media
If you’re using Google Analytics, you probably want to connect it to Google’s Webmaster Tools. Here’s a quick how-to from the folks at takeflyte.com:
- Click on the Set up Webmaster Tools Data Sharing button.
- At the bottom of the following page you’ll see the Webmaster Tools Settings. Next to “none” you’ll want to click on the Edit link.
- On the next page you’ll want to choose the appropriate website and click save.
- In the pop up box you’ll need to confirm that you’re adding an association, which will remove any other associations. Although this sounds dangerous, you can only have one Webmaster Tools associated with a website and the associated analytics. If you make a mistake here, you can always undo it later by reconnecting it to the correct site.
- The following page will confirm that the Webmaster Tools has been associated with your website and the Google Analytics account.
When you return to the report page, the error message is gone and the report you want is there instead.
Lynne is an online marketing professional and the owner of Keener Digital Marketing (KDM). She has been on the web, designing sites and marketing since the mid-nineties. Currently with KDM, Lynne provides SMBs with inbound marketing strategies and social media management. Along with these she offers Wordpress-based website design, e-mail marketing and graphic design services. In her spare time, she enjoys playing with mud in her pottery studio and running the roads with her kids.